|Family Caregiver Support Program
Kimochi offers various support programs for family caregivers and friends. There is no charge unless otherwise stated. These programs are only for unpaid family caregivers only.
1. Family Caregiver Support Group
Kimochi offers monthly Family Caregiver Support Group meetings. Refreshment will be provided.
Japanese speaking group: Third Tuesday, 1:00-2:30pm
English speaking group: Friday, 10:30am-12:00pm
Place: Kimochi Administration Office, 2nd Floor,
Note: The date and time are subject to change.
Please call if you are attending for the first time.
2. Trainings/Seminars for Family Caregivers
Kimochi offers several trainings sessions every year for family caregivers. Topics vary each year. Sample topics are as follows:
• Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
• How to cope with difficult behavior
• Hands on care
• Family caregiving and self-care
• Body mechanics, transfer skills
• Urinary tract infection, signs of stroke, diabetes
• ADHC, POLST
• End of life care, hospice
• Nutrition, dehydration
Social Workers at Kimochi provide information and referral, counseling to families/friends who need help in caregiving in searching for home care, facilities in San Francisco, and/or other services that might be of benefit.
Yumi Berman, Senior Case Manager
(415) 931-2275 • Fax (415) 931-2299