How Does It Work?
Kimochi is partnering with Charity Footprints to build a month-long program to encourage sustained exercise by walking or running. The program runs on your iOS or Android phone. The miles you walk or run (to work or school, around the park with the dog or however you choose to move) will raise dollars for Kimochi seniors.
When is the event?
Two ways to participate:
Unlike other one-day walkathons, the Kimochi Health Walk-Run is a month-long event from November 1 – 30, 2017.
Register as a Walker or Runner:
• The Charity Footprints app will track the miles you walk or run by
GPS and post your progress on the Kimochi campaign webpage. You can
also track the progress of other participating walkers and runners.
• Note: miles are tracked by GPS, so treadmill miles don’t count.
• The app will also keep track of the donations you receive against your fundraising goal -- donations made to you are a lump sum per donor (not a per-mile donation) so fulfilling your mileage goal is 100% honor system
• You can start walking-running anytime in November. End date is 11.30.17.
Sponsor a Walker-Runner:
• Donate online to a Walker or Runner you want to sponsor
• Your donation is one lump sum which will go toward the fundraising goal of the participant you are supporting
• You can donate anytime up through 11.30.17
Sponsor and Pledge Tracking Form
Keep track of your sponsors and their pledge amounts by using this form.
Have more questions?
Please check out our FAQ or give us a call at 415-931-2294.
How do I stay updated on the event?
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram @KimochiKai. Or, for more information,
call Kimochi (415) 931-2294.